Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

VE6RBN-1 Back Online!!!

Wow!

My didipeater VE6RBN-1 has been offline for sometime and I didn't notice it.....

It was transmitting fine, but not digipeating the packets it received over the air...

Apparently my troubleshooting skills are really, really rusty because I checked out the complete TNC and radio, before looking that the obvious problems like wiring....


There was a broken connection in the 3.5mm connector that plugs into the Yaesu FT-60 radio and I needed to resolder it.
The brown wire in the picture above sends the received data from the radio to the TNC, and so mine was not able to hear any transmissions.

Yeah, I know that I should use proper wire, not CAT5 solid core, but that's what was on hand to make up the cable.....

Thanks for visiting,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment