Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Been away for awhile...

Well, I've been away from the Amateur Radio world for a number of years, but a couple of factors have "encouraged" me to get re-involved.....

First, I work at SAIT (Southern Alberta Institute of Technology) and they have an Amateur Radio Club. Membership has been dwindling and so I'm one a few hams that still access the shack. Also, CARA (Calgary Amateur Radio Association) has a VHF and UHF Repeater here on campus and so they need access to be able to service their gear.

Secondly, I have a friend who has been involved for may years, Jerry Clement, VE6AB and he has been sharing with me the advances they have made in APRS and other VHF digital technology. So I think it's time for me to check out how I can merge my interest in Amateur Radio with my interest in Raspberry Pi Single Board Computers.


No comments:

Post a Comment