Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

Upgrade from Halogen to LED


So, what do you do when you want to change from the small halogen lamps to LED?
Problem is that many halogen power supplies are rated @ 12 VAC, and LED's require 12 VDC.
What I've done here is to add a bridge rectifier and 1000uF/35V Capacitor to a small adjustable power supply.
Packed it in a small Hammond case and works like a charm!!!
I can feed this from the halogen supply with AC, and adjust it to deliver clean 12VDC to my LED's
I've got a customer with quite a few of these lites in all of their bathrooms, etc and it is very difficult to get at the halogen power supply.
So I can simply add this inline at the beginning of the lamp string(s), and presto! even more energy efficient lighting!!!
Thanks for viewing,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment